Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Trying new things under pressure



I'm taking the Creative Thursday e-course on creativity and making things and I love it. This is what I made in our first week. I've never done this before and made a lot of mistakes before it finally worked out.

We were talking about deadlines in our class. How a deadline motivates and puts pressure, even a certain amount of stress on you to achieve. My brother once told me that we need pressure or we would not get anything done. I am from the publishing industry and meeting a deadline is a must. So a deadline definitely motivates me, but I hate to think that I need a deadline to get something done. I think that a deadline makes me prioritize my project, and in this case, artwork and make it a priority in my day simply because it's due. But what I really need to learn is how to make artwork a priority in my daily life so that I consistently create. I think the deadlines of this e-course are training me to make art a priority in my life.

3 comments:

  1. First, I love what you created. We're all being creatively stretch. Look what you can do!

    I'm in agreement with the deadline theory. I've been trying to keep a schedule of posting more regularly which has forced me to produce more paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does work doesn't it? I like you am trying to just keep it a priority without adding in the extra drama and adrenaline that the pressure of a deadline adds to my life. Beautiful creations Kristy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Your necklaces look great. I love the wonderful story behind the words on them.
    I know what you mean about deadlines. I work in publishing, too. Like you, I'm trying to figure out how to make creating a priority daily. It's tough sometimes! :)
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete